SCOPE OF POSITION: The Social Worker conducts assessment dn reassessments of the home health patient in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems, the need for care, response to treatment, and the patient’s adjustment to care. The Social Worker coordinates patient needs with the family, referring agencies and institutions and other community resources.
- Must hold a Bachelor Degree in Social Work.
- Must be currently licensed as a Social Worker in the State of Texas
- At least one year experience as a Social Worker, and prefer one year experience in home health setting.
- In home health setting, as required by Medicare, all Evals/Visit notes must be co-signed by a LMSW.
1. Conducts assessments for significant social and emotional factors related to the patient’s health problems.
2. Assesses the social and emotional factors for patient’s capacity and potential to cope with problems of daily living.
3. Plans, implements, and assists the patient and his/her family to understand, accept, and follow the medical recommendation and providers services planned to restore the patient to his/her optimum level of social and physical health within his/her capacity.
4. Refers patient to resources, such as family and community agencies, to assist the patients to resume life in the community or to learn to live with his/her disability.
5. Participates in staff meetings, in-services, and case conferences as required.
6. Maintains knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and complaint procedure requirements.
7. Participates in continuous assessment and evaluation of the agency via Quarterly Record Review, or the Quality Assurance/improvement Program.
Sight and hearing sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication, ability to work as minimum of (8) hours per day while driving, standing, sitting, assisting patient movements, writing and speaking.