Scope of Position:
Perform selected patient treatment in the patient’s home under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
1. Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant educational program.
2. Licensed to practice in the State of Texas as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
3. One year recent experience as an Occupational Therapist Assistant. One year experience in a home health setting is preferred.
1. Complies with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
2. Participates with other professional staff in assessing patient needs and developing an appropriate plan of care.
3. Assists in implementation of current occupational therapy practice: teaches activities of daily living skills, helps home care patients adjust to physical limitations and maximize physical capabilities under supervision of Occupational Therapist, submits timely, complete clinical records documenting services rendered and observational about patient’s progress.
4. Reports to Occupational Therapist regarding patient’s progress toward goals.
Sight and hearing sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication, ability to work a minimum of eight (8) hours per day while driving, standing, sitting, assisting patient movements, writing and speaking.