SCOPE OF POSITION: The Dietician conducts assessments and reassessments of the home health patient in understanding the patient’s nutritional intake as it relates to their diagnosis. The Dietician coordinates patient needs with the family, referring agencies and institutions and other community resources.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must hold Bachelors Degree in Nutrition.
At least one year experience as a dietician in a clinical setting preferred.
- Assess patients for proper nutrients and fluid intake.
- Assess and instruct patients on appropriate diets as ordered by physician.
- Re-evaluate to ensure patients are getting better, and if not notify physician and change diets when patients are not improving.
- Instruct on general nutrition in terms of having good health and preventing disease.
- Assess and Instruct patients on internal feedings to ensure that patients are receiving appropriate calories.
- Develop a diet plan for patients with specific diseases, such as malnutrition, failure to thrive to facilitate increase in weight and nutritional content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sight and hearing sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication, ability to work at minimum of (8) hours per day while driving, standing, sitting, assisting patient movements, writing and speaking.