Reports To: Agency Director
- Graduate of a curriculum in Speech Language Pathology, accredited/approved by American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA); Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Licensed by the State of Texas; ASHA CCC
- One year of experience as a speech pathologist &/or 1 year experience in a home health setting preferred.
Scope of Position:
The Speech Pathologist conducts assessments and reassessments of speech, language, and communication disorders. The Speech Pathologist specializes in diagnosis and treatment of speech and language disorders, oral motor and feeding/swallowing disorders and cognitive deficits.
- Required to comply with all applicable laws and regulation, policy and procedures.
- Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social and psychological factors.
- Plans, directs or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology
Provides counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled individuals