Reports To: Agency Director
1. Graduate of a curriculum in Speech Language Pathology, accredited/approved by American Speech Hearing Association (ASHA); Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
2. Licensed by the State of Texas; ASHA CCC
3. One year of experience as a speech pathologist &/or 1 year experience in a home health setting preferred.
Scope of Position:
The Speech Pathologist conducts assessments and reassessments of speech, language, and communication disorders. The Speech Pathologist specializes in diagnosis and treatment of speech and language disorders, oral motor and feeding/swallowing disorders and cognitive deficits.
1. Required to comply with all applicable laws and regulation, policy and procedures.
2. Diagnoses and evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational, medical, social and psychological factors.
3. Plans, directs or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic and non-organic etiology.
Provides counseling and guidance and language development therapy to disabled individuals